In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

7MM WSM

nam barneynam barney Member Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
edited August 2002 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone make reloading dies for these wsm cartridges? Or reloadable brass?

Raymond Kreiger

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Trying to deside which rifle to buy for white tail deer hunting:
    1. 7 mm WSM
    2. 7 mm Mag.
    3. 30-06
    Shooting range 150-500 yards. People have told me that the 7mmMag will be too big. Need some advise on the 7mm WSM. I know for sure that the 30-06 will be suitable. Your advise will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, DG (rookie hunter)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Trying to deside which rifle to buy for white tail deer hunting:
    1. 7 mm WSM
    2. 7 mm Mag.
    3. 30-06
    Shooting range 150-500 yards. People have told me that the 7mmMag will be too big. Need some advise on the 7mm WSM. I know for sure that the 30-06 will be suitable. Your advise will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, DG (rookie hunter)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just bought a new 7mm wsm and am lookin for a good load for it for elk? I will be reloading so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Was looking at the swift scirocco bullets but dont know much about them?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    does anyone reload this. i want to use 139gr. hornady sst. not sure of powder. all powder hornady has listed i do not have. any ideas on which powder to try? thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do any of you own a rifle in 7mm WSM? How do you like it and how do you think it compares to the Remingtom 7mm Magnum? Have you experienced any feeding problems? I'm considering buying a Model 70 in this caliber. Any information appreciated.

"Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away." Thoreau
  • Options
    hotrodusahotrodusa Member Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RCBS makes the dies. Go to www.rcbs.com
    Winchester makes and sells new unprimed brass for the new cartridge 7mm wsm. You need to find a sourse. Try this link http://www.brassmanbrass.com/index.html#rifle

If this place dont have it they will gladly get it for you, And seems to be reasonably priced.

Robert