In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rifle information

LaineyLainey Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
edited September 2002 in Ask the Experts
Can someone tell me where to find out what a
7.7 Japanese Rifle, made in Osaka Japan is worth?
It has a sword and is in good condition.

Also would like to find out about a Winchester model 270,
22SL long rifle, in good condition,
a Stevens 410 shotgun, 39A model,
and a 30-06 Husquavarna.

Any help you can give me will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Lainey

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Winchester Model 270
    Slide action... mfg between 1963 and 1973...150.00 at 100% to 60.00 at 60%
    Plastic forearm variation... 150.00 at 100% to 60.00 at 60%

The Model 270 Deluxe was made between 1965 and 1973.. monte carlo stock and select wood.... same as the 270 except for stock and wood..195.00 at 100% to 50.00 at 60%

Stevens 410 shotgun...The only thing listed for the shotgun is the model 39...not the 39A according to the books I have... excellent is 125.00 to 35.00 in poor... Mass produced.. not much collector value..

Husquavarna... Model would help as there are a number of rifles in that calibre ranging in value from 200.00 to 580.00... the presentation P-3000 is higher in value at 770.00 in 100%..
    These values were taken from the Blue Book of Gun Values and the Standard Catalogue of Firearms..

As for the japanese... will do a search and see what can be found... there are about 30 pages that come up on the rifle... I was only using google.. you can do the same and maybe match up some info on the gun with the web sites... not enough info was posted about it to find anything defin...type in Japanese 7.7 rifle... you will probably get the same results I did... I can use approx 11 other search engines but will prob get the same results without more info..

Lil' Stinker's Opinion

Edited by - BlackRoses on 08/31/2002 23:18:35

Edited by - BlackRoses on 08/31/2002 23:34:32
  • Options
    RossRoss Member Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lainey,
    Someone will come up with a more complete response, but to start, there were two factories producing Type 99 rifles in Osaka from 1940 to 1945. Both the Izawa Jyuko nd the Howa Jyuko operated under the supervision of the Nagoya Arsenal. They share the Nagoya symbol, a circle with an inverted figure 8 in it, and Izawa had a mark like a four point star with a small circle in it; the Howa mark looks like a circle with three equidistant bulges around its circumfrence.
    Really good, matched, undefaced mum, not refinished or sanded Arisakas are beginning to fetch in excess of $300.00 depending on rarity. Several series are quite scarce.
    Bayonets are also prized according to their rarity and condition. Many have been ruined by sharpening.
    Honeycutt's _Military Rifles of Japan_ is where I got this information, and would be a prudent investment if your gun is in good condition. At least check one out of your Carnegie library before you let anyone beat you out of the gun.
    If you go to the website;

bbrown/japanese_markings

you will find about the marks that I can't type Romanji.

Cheers from Darkest California,
    Ross
  • Options
    LaineyLainey Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ross and Black Roses,
    Thank-you so much! We gave those up in a trade yesterday -that is except for the Swedish gun. My hubby traded them for a paint job
    and repair on a stucco house. Three guns plus night vision boniclars,(I know I didn't spell that right) and he traded them to a good friend, but we just wanted to know what the value was and I didn't know where to look..
    I know we got the better deal, about $4000, so I will make some of it up to him with embroidered jackets and shirts. I wanted to be fair
    to the guy. I have known him since he was in his 20's and racing a
    very fast Cougar. The guy loves guns and takes care of them, so I
    didn't feel too bad giving them up to him, but it still hurts! We are buying another house, and didn't want the bamk account to show less $.
    So thank-you so much for your help! Have a good weekend!

Lainey