In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

help on insurance claim

jeffs55jeffs55 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
edited August 2002 in Ask the Experts
Please read this carefully to avoid wasting each others time. I am NOT a FFL. I shipped some pistol magazines to a NON FFL and insured them. They were lost/stolen, in any case they were not delivered to the addressee. I filed a claim which was disallowed because the pistol magazines are considered gun parts. A NON FFL cannot ship gun parts by the post office to a NON FFL. Now, do not tell me that magazines are not gun parts. They certainly are not car parts. Anyway, the post office makes their own rules much as you make the rules about who comes into your house. I need someone that is a NON FFL that has filed a SUCCESSFUL claim using the scenario set above to contact me. Do not send me any links to postal manuals as I have them all. I do not need to be told to contact the ATF to prove that mags are not illegal to ship. I know that. All I need and I need it now is the info desribed above. This involves $500 and I will gladly pay 10% to the person that helps me win the case. i am "jeffs55" and my feedback should speak for itself.

Jeff

Comments

• Options
    nitrouznitrouz Member Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would talk to a lawyer and the fact that the Postal Employee that let you insure $500 worth of pistol magazines and ship it through the USPS should be evidence enough to justify a refund of the loss.
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    YOU DO NOT NEED A LAWYER. CALL THE LOCAL OFFICE OF YOUR U.S. SENATOR ON HOUSE REP. WHEN I HAD THIS PROBLEM IT WAS SOLVED QUICKLY. MAY DEPEND IF YOU SUPPORT YOU U.S. REPS.

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • Options
    JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have filed several claims with both the postal service and UPS... They seem to be use the philosophy, that if the claim is denied..The claiment will go away.... This appeal process is nothing more than writing a letter and attaching it to the claim appeal form... I guess a lot of folks get scared off or just don't want to bother to try an appeal.... I was Pissed off and appealed...Next thing I knew..The check arrived in the mail...
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Gentlemen: Lets take this Topic to the General Discussion Forums..! I can synpathize with the Gentleman and His problem, But this Topic will end up being one where everyone will have a differing opinion and the Topic will end up in with animosity towards each other..and no solution.....

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff