In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Medusa

DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
edited September 2002 in Ask the Experts
Anyone have or know anything about these revolvers? I understand you can load a variety of 9mm/.38 cartridge types using same cylinder.

Why does man kill? He kills for food. But not only for food; frequently, he must have a beverage.

Comments

• Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello DancesWithSheep from Idaho

This topic has been on the forum in the not too distant past. You can do a search for "medusa" under "Ask the Experts" forum and you should find "Medusa, any good?" by the author "sexykman" on 6/12/02. I think that you will find "lrarmsx" answering post to be of considerable interest.

Enjoy the Labor Day Holiday with family and friends. I plan to do that tomorrow, thankfully I got all of the cooking done today. I plan to scout the area that I got drawn for a black-powder permit on Monday.

Best Regards To You And Yours
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Many thanks. And enjoy your hunt!

Why does man kill? He kills for food. But not only for food; frequently, he must have a beverage.
  • Options
    lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you get the info you were looking for? If not, let me know.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Irarmsx: Unfortunately, no. Any info you may have would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Options
    lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This my post from back in June, if it doesn't answer your questions, let me know. LRARMSX@MCHSI.COM

I handled them years ago. First they offered a conversion for your S&W revolver to take all of those calibers. That was almost 20 years ago. Then, many years later, they began to make a complete gun. The earlier ones used quite a few S&W standard parts. The later ones were their own deal entirely.

The concept is a good one, being able to take all of those calibers. The reality is that they are somewhat expensive, although they came down in price about 3 years ago. If they have stayed in that range, they are are more competitive gun at least price wise to the rest of the market. They definitely have the novelty factor going for them. If you were up in Alaska or somewhere far from civilization, one of these would have a lot of advantages. If you are a reloader, you won't like it because it will stretch your brass. If you are a serious target shooter, you won't like it because it won't hold very tight groups using all of the different calibers. If you are a survivalist, it will be up you alley. If you are a scrouger at the range it will be perfect for shooting all of those rounds people leave on the ground. If you are just someone who like the "Neat factor" of things, this is the gun to have.

15-20 years ago, I thought I should have one of these. Today I can take or leave it. However if someone wanted to trade me one or sell one cheap, I'd be interested. I still think one of their cylinders fitted in a S&W 686, is the better way to go. That way you have easy access to replacement parts, grips, sights, etc., but you have the universal caliber capability of the complete Medusa revolver.

Of course that is just my semi-educated, semi-expert, semi-informed opinion, I could be wrong
  • Options
    edited November -1
    lrarmsx: Thanks for your reply. You made some very good points re: accuracy and parts availability. May be an answer to a need I don't have, but the concept sure is intriguing. Thanks again.