In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Walther P5

mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2002 in Ask the Experts
Is anyone importing these guns still? I know they are still made in Germany but I dont see them around much. I would like to get one soon and dont know where to look for a new one.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Saw one of these at the gunshop. Any opinions on this gun. I like the sight picture, but I really know little about this gun.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead
  • Options
    flinchflinch Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I keep my eye on one at a local gun shop LIKE new in box with extra mag, papers $950. The reviews think it is a world class gun with accuracy and reliability. One hell of a torture test for German Military or police if I remember correctly. Ejects like a lefty so it can be cleared if it ever jams. Gun tests gave it a rave review last year up against s&w 3913 Tactile and a baby Desert Eagle.

Edited by - flinch on 08/30/2002 23:18:35
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got one when they first came out and have nothing bad to say, except perhaps the single stack magazine. In spite of the relatively short barrel, it is extremely accurate and has never failed to cycle.
  • Options
    rballirballi Member Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had one a while back. It was a very accurate and very reliable gun. As stated before, it ejects to the left and the controls look a little exposed. I sold mine for $650; retail is around $800. I would describe the size and shape to be similar to the PPK but bigger and wider. The gun is actually a modern version of the P38.
  • Options
    airborneairborne Member Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would go as far as to state this is probably the best semi-auto that Walther ever made. Very reliable, de-cocking lever, accurate, and problem free. Left hand ejection does take some getting used to for a right handed shooter, double stack magazine would have been nice, but I like the present grip.

B - BreatheR - RelaxA - AimS - SightS - Squeeze

Edited by - airborne on 09/03/2002 10:49:23
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Are magazines available for this gun? I haven't seen any about. Does this take P38 mags or something specific to the P5?

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It will not take the P-38 magazines, the magazine is specific to the P5.
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow, after reading this, now I have to go out and start looking for one. Gee thanks guys

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !