In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Springfield Armory XD .40 - any good?

1911fan1911fan Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
edited August 2004 in Ask the Experts
My friend is looking to buy a Springfield Armory XD .40...are they any good? He asked me and I have no idea. I thought that you guys would know. Thanks.[:)]

Comments

• Options
    Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For the money they are good pistols. I rank them right in there w/ the more expensive glocks.

There have been some comments about the trigger beign stiff, but in most cases that goes away with break-in. Of course one persons stiff is anothers crisp, etc., etc.

Best thing is for your friend to go to a range that has either the 9 or 40 (preferrably the 40 if that is what he wants to buy, but both are really the same specific to weight, trigger, etc.) so they can get a feel for it.

6730814-S.gif

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • Options
    samadam165samadam165 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought a XD-40 Sunday. I love it. Shoots real nice. The trigger pull is alittle stiffer than I'm used to. I was told this goes away with use (few hundren rounds). Its a super buy. And Contender Man. There is a store here in Phoenix Arizona that sells any Glock model for $459 brand new. Its called Lone Wolf. I paid $399 for the XD-40 brand new. (623) 939-0668 give them a call. I'm sure they ship weapons. And for you the 1911fan. The Springfield Armory 1911 model PX9152L the black stainless version. I can't find it cheaper than $860 and its $799 at Lone Wolf. I love that place!

Sam,
  • Options
    mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would recommend shooting a Glock and an XD before deciding. There's not much real difference although the Glock has more accessory options if that matters to the shooter in question.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead