In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ruger hawkeye

klockklock Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited August 2004 in Ask the Experts
own hawkeye #3xx. gun is 95%. curious of value. any help or comments are appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    My Father just gave me a Ruger Hawkeye, single shot .256 win mag.
    I understand there were only a few thousand made. He acquired it in the mid 70s and it is still in the box. I dont think it has ever been shot. In the box there is a Bushnell Phantom Scope and base. The barrel has been drilled. Serial #7XX. Did the gun come from Ruger already drilled for this scope?? Does this affect the value? What is the value?[?]
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BOX AND PAPERS??

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    only 3,300 of these pistols where produced back in 1963/64 ,,, value depends on condition and if you have the box and owners manual, , book puts Very good conditon gun at around $1,000
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gskyhawk
    only 3,300 of these pistols where produced back in 1963/64 ,,, value depends on condition and if you have the box and owners manual, , book puts Very good conditon gun at around $1,000
    Thanks for reply. I haven't shot this piece since around '74. Not eating anything, just curious! Was offered 1250.00 three years ago, but the gent really wanted it. Carried it on Steering column of truck, in custom holster, for ground hogs, when you could get away with such things! Kurt
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We sold one on here recently and got $1850.00 and yours has a lower serial and in better condition also. Its worth atleast $2000 or more , collectors of these will pay for a good one especially a fairly low serial number like yours. Box and papers would make it worth more , ours didnt have either.

God gave us all a gift. Have you found yours yet ?