In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

gun safe question

hardley davidsonhardley davidson Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
edited August 2004 in Ask the Experts
I'm moving into a new place and I need to buy a gunsafe. I like the browning models but don't know alot about gunsafes. Who else makes a good product that may not have the name recognition of Browning. I don't need anything big. Thinking about the 11/22 + 7 model range. I appreciate the feedback!

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I just got a new fort knox gun safe and wondered what i should do for inside condensation...Its in my unheated garage and i dont want to ruin any of the guns...can anyone give me some pointers as what i should do...im in minnesota and the summers are hot and the winters get cold.Thanks in advance guys :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is there any ways out there to keep a gun safe moisture free or treat it when it gets some inside?
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a Golden Rod in my safe, but many others use desicants.
  • Options
    Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You didn't say whether or not your garage is heated/air conditioned. Assuming that it is neither, a golden rod or desicants (moisture removing crystals) would have to be mandatory to make sure that whatever is stored there is not subject to depridation from moisture/humidity.

One of the cheapest I have found is the use of charcoal bricquets. Three or four chunks in an old sock work wonders but need to be changed rather frequently. Coincidentally, they will also remove odors...but I rather like the scent of Hoppe's #9! If it is a large safe, perhaps two or three socks full of charcoal would be in order.

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"