In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Okay, what about a Ruger P93?

NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2004 in Ask the Experts
No one answered my post on the CZ-P01. Maybe no one has one. The other pistol I looked at was a Ruger P-93, stainless in 9mm. Fit my hand well. Any opinions on this pistol (reliability, accuracy, and so forth)? What would you pay for a new one?

Comments

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BUY THE RUGER. WORTH THE MONEY.

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • Options
    SageSage Member Posts: 367
    edited November -1
    p-93 is not a refined pistol but is a workhorse. You can shoot the crap out of one and it keeps coming back for more. Very good value for the buck.There are probably a ton of them for auction here. I would not pay more than $425 and that might be a little high.
  • Options
    mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On pricing--you can get a better gun if you are willing to look and wait a bit. I've seen mint Berettas go for $450. OTOH, there's nothing wrong with buying a utility gun like a Ruger if you intend to keep it and not trade it in as it isn't worth much on a sell/trade

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I bought my first Ruger,I bought it because it was all I could afford and it would do until I could buy a "good"gun.That was a few years ago and have since bought the Colt 1911 and the Sig 220 plus a few more rather expensive guns,and the old Ruger is my favorite of the bunch.Not as refined as some of the others but a heck of a lot tougher and without a doubt the most reliable.
  • Options
    NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the posts, they will help me make up my mind. I have a Sig 229 in .40. I also have had surgery on both elbows. Occasionally the .40 aggrevates the elbows. My friend has a Ruger P-95 (9mm polymer). Not the most accurate gun but shoots every time and I actually like the trigger.

I can get a brand new stainless steel P-93 for $380 plus tax. Sound like a deal?