In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

your opinion on 'best buy' hi cap 9mm

gotstolefromgotstolefrom Member Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2004 in Ask the Experts
Yep , I'm bein lazy.

Before I go 'shopping', I could use 4 or 5 opinions on a 'good buy' for a second hand hi-cap 9mm. I might want to save up for a Browning Hi Power, but I am not looking for me. I need to find something sevicable with a low POS possibility before Christmas.

I know these type of posts can get strung out, so feel free to lock it up at any time.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    rcarlboxerrcarlboxer Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Browning Hi-Power,they don't get any better
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have three Browning Hi-Powers and can't imagine not having one with me. I use mine for personal carry and IDPA. The only time I go to something different is field carry in mountain lion country where I carry my 3" S&W 629.

However for price, Ruger comes to mind.
  • Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    cz75 or the witness copies

My border collie is smarter than your honor student.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My first vote would be for the Hi-Power. A second choice is the
    something in the S&W line. There have been a ton of them traded in by LEO's moving to the .40 S&W....

I have owned several over S&W models over the years. They are reliable and easy to shoot. Tons of relitively inexpensive Hi-cap mags out there also.

JMHO

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Liberals....
  • Options
    k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Top choice would be the Browning, great gun and i have the 9mm and the 40 S&w, second coice would be a S&W 5906, trigger isnt the greatest but a fun and tough firearm.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Vector Arms UZI, it's a best buy just not available used yet. I love mine!
    UZIDOUBLE.jpg
    http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/rifles/50_cal/50_cal_rifles.html

Other than that I just bought a used gen 3 Glock 17 w/ night sights for $450. G17's are out there for less but I shot so well with this one.

Regards,
    gadsden.jpg
  • Options
    toolman9mmtoolman9mm Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i own a s/w 6904 and like it..i also have a astra a-100 that holds 17 and has never jammed.. both are fine firearms.. you can't go wrong with a glock either..
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    A Tanfoglio 9mm or a CZ is the best buy. My 2 cents [8D]

Greg
    Former Marine
    A N G L I C O
  • Options
    northern militianorthern militia Member Posts: 552 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i like in my order sig 226, beretta 92, and ruger p89-95. they all work well and the price is about right for which one you get.

first rule of northern militia is that we don't talk about northern militia.
  • Options
    allechalleyallechalley Member Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Relatively inexpensive,shoots first time, every time, all the time, like Northern militia..........Ruger 85,89,90, ect. Otherwise a CZ or clone thereof, (witness, baby eagle). Concealable to the max is Kahr PM9.