In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CZ-P01

NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2004 in Ask the Experts
I visited a gunshow in Kansas City last year and was able to hold a CZ-75 and a CZ-P01. I have medium sized hands at best and both of these pistols fit my hand like a glove. The CZ-75 was a little heavier than the P01.

After holding the pistols I received Gun Test Magazine's 2004 Buying Guide. On pages 63-69 they tested compact 9mm pistols. As a bonus they tested the CZ-P01. They said the pistol constantly malfunctioned. Apparently the slide locked back prematurely. They don't go into detail about what else was wrong and promised to retest the pistol. It has been many months and so far they haven't done so. I really liked the pistol I held and was wondering if anyone has purchased one and what are your observations?

P.S. Does this mean that CZ will cease production of the CZ-75?

Comments

• Options
    NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, no one owns a P-01?????? Come on folks, help me out.
  • Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    My guess to the problem would be that CZ didn't buy any advertising from the publisher, but they are going to give them a second chance to buy a few adds, at which time they will get a glowing review. check out www.czforum.com, lots of guys out there have p01's I have 75's and can't say enough good things.

My border collie is smarter than your honor student.
  • Options
    JERRYGSKIJERRYGSKI Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have owned and shot the CZ 75's, 40's and 100's. All without a single malfunction. Held firmly with good ammo you should have no problems. I like the CZ's a LOT!! Highly recommended!!
    Just my 2 cents!

Q: Why did you shoot him 16 times?
    A: I didn't see the need to reload!
    Hard Fun!
  • Options
    Jake_S-83Jake_S-83 Member Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have a couple cz 75s and a cz 97. my only regret is not discovering them sooner. these are really great guns for not a lot of $$