In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AR 15

GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭
edited September 2004 in Ask the Experts
what is the difference from a a1 a2 a3 ar-15s

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I would like to know the differences if any, between a match olympic arms lower and a rock river lower. Which is a better piece of work.
    Thanks
    Eric
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am looking to buy a colt ar 15 m4 law enforcemnt carbine with a 16.1 barrel. It is priced at 2500 new in box. Was wondering if that is overpriced or not. Also what is a good colt for the money.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nephew has a preban Colt A2 target match grade, Whats it worth? hes trying to sell it now
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a colt Ar15 Hbar sporter serial number sp 2440xx. I called Colt and asked what info they could tell me about it. The only thing they could say was it was manufactured in 1984. It was originally purchased by my brother new. He's now passed, but he had told me that when he originally purchased it could have been converted, legally with the right paper work, to a select or burst fire, Drop in sear. Any validity or now just family lore? Would a class III dealer be interested? If not B/S, any ideas on cost per year for the average guy to have a full or burst fire?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Any one know anything about "MGI Miiltary" AR 15 Systems?
    mgimilitary.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I want to build my own AR 15 type rifle I just puchased a charles daly strpped lower what would be a good upper for it Im going with a 20 inch heavy barrel free float hand gaurds any tipps would be greatly appretiated. my first so dont scare me
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm looking for one with no sear block. To be honest, I've only ever picked up a couple so wouldn't know where to even look for a sear block without one of each at hand.

Can the sear block be removed legally with the ban dead?

What serial number range would insure that I was getting what I'm looking for?

TIA

"You can build a man a fire and keep him warm for a couple hours or douse him with fuel oil and keep him warm the rest of his life"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How can I tell if an AR 15 is indeed a PRE-BAN AR???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What is used to clean the gas tube an the AR 15s? Where can I get this tool, brush, pipe cleaner etc? Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My brother wants to get an AR 15 and I would like for him to get the best deal for the money (around 700). He want a 20" barrel. Can anyone assist me in the right direction? Thanks Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Looking for opinions on an AR. What I would like is a 16" barrel,223/5.56 with removable carry handle and ability to mount a scope or red dot sight. I really do not like the adjustable stocks so it should have the plain fixed type.Also,want recommendations for the action-- piston type or? This rifle would be fired sparingly. Probably 200 or 300 rounds per year. Reliability and economy are important to me.I do not want to build my own. Thanks for any and all ideas.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ive been listening to people that own the ar15"s and how you can switch and swap parts is it possible to switch a ar15 rifle to a pistol by changing the upper receiver?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    who makes the best ar 15 for the money ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ROCKRIVER OR BUSHMASTER WHO MAKES THE BEST AR FOR THE MONEY[?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Which is the best AR15 to buy? Colt, Olympic Arms, Armalite, etc. Thanks, Ron
  • Options
    edited November -1
    what is the difference between an m4 and an a4? thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can any one tell me about Pac West Arms Ar-15. All it says
    is PWA Milan ,IL Cal. 5.56 Commando Ser. 004236
    It is in mint shape any values would be apreciated
  • Options
    fourdeesfourdees Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Geri;

You may want to do a search on ar15.com/forums/ IIRC there have been several listings there on this very topic.

Is the tube clogged, the rifle malfunctioning, or do you just want a clean(er) tube?

There is a tube cleaner that looks just like a pipe cleaner, but much longer (24"?). A couple of years ago, I purchased a couple of packs of these cleaners at a gun show in the Mid West. Haven't seen any since. They do a great job on the tube, but there is still the gas port in the barrel that the tube cleaner can't get to.

Keep in mind that unless there is a problem with the rifle, there is a chance that anything you use to clean this tube could get stuck.

Fourdees
  • Options
    hk45shooterhk45shooter Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Geri
    Cheaper Than Dirt has the item that fourdess was telling about. I bought some awhile back, never have had the need to use them though.

hk45shooter

Guns cause crime, like flies cause garbage.
  • Options
    MooseyardMooseyard Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just spray gun scrubber down the tube and then follow it with G96 and a quick blast from shop air.

Jess Hoffman
    Mooseyard Precision
    LE Supply & Firearms
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Shawano, WI 54166
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you. Great input and information. I knew I could count on you fellows.
  • Options
    bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    I use a can of Gunk carb cleaner. Works great. Learned that trick in the Army.

MOLON LABE!
    allahSortbs.jpg
    An evil tree bears evil fruit. You can destroy as much fruit as you want, but it will always grow back, and it will always be evil.

Tear the tree out of the ground by the roots and burn it. Burn it to ash and grind out the embers with your boot until there's nothing left. Not a single spark. Not a single seed.
  • Options
    0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    i buy pipe cleaners at tobacco shops and craft stores to clean the gas tube

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    1USAirForce.gifdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI