In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Savage Model 25

GUTSSGUTSS Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
edited January 2009 in Ask the Experts
A friend of mine has a Savage Model 25 pump action .22 that needs a cartridge guide. I have tried Numrich and surfed the web for hours and can not find anyone that has one. Can anyone direct me to a place that may have one? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a nephew that wants to restore a Savage Model 25 .22 slide action with octagon barrel for sentimental reasons. (GRAMPA'S GUN) We mainly need the forearm and a magazine tube assembly. These guns were made for only three years from 1926-29 I believe and upon research the Model 25 rifles were mainly lemons. The forearm assembly had weak spots and broke apart after repeated firing. I have a Model 25 that I bought a few years ago in pristine condition and haven't seen one since. My gun dealer friend has searched hinder and yon for a year and still no luck. Thought we had the gun fixed but the guy that did the work stuck on a forearm from a Winchester or Stevens and a shoody magazine tube and we are back to square one. If it wouldn't have been for my Model 25 to go by we wouldn't have known the difference. Searched Numrich and all the big parts houses, GunList etc. Somewhere out there, has to be a junker. Can anybody steer me onto a lead?
    Thanks.............KEN[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone know when the new Savage Model 25 in 5.7x28MM will go on sale?
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try Wisners, at this link. http://www.wisnersinc.com/ They make various replacement parts for obsolete American firearms.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Rufe, I tried it and no go.
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    You might try Bobs Gunparts. Plus do a search for gunparts vendors and contact ALL of them. The Savage Website has a list of gunsmiths and vendors who specialize in vintage Savage as well.
    But in my experience, parts for many of these older guns can be very hard to find. And locating one might require alot of effort and detective work.
    Aside from the parts vendors, you'll probably be left w/searching in gun auction websites for parts/parts guns.
    I've also had some luck w/gun parts vendors at gunshows.
    Don't give up! I've had parts that have taken me as long as 2 years to find. But I firmly believe your part is out there. It's just up to you to be deligent in your search to find & jump on it when it pops up.
    When searching the auctions, learn to think "out of the box". Many people describe things differently or may not know exactly what they have. So a search for "Savage Model 25" might miss an auction listed as "Old .22 pump action rifle parts" or "Savage bolt parts" etc.
    Also, all of the vintage hammerless Savage/Stevens pump .22's are decendants of the model 1903 w/some usually minor design improvements or variations. THis means that some parts may interchance between different models. Do your homework and try to learn if perhaps the same part off a Model 29 might work.
    The Savage forums @ 24 hour campfire.com or Rimfirecentral.com might have some enthusiests that can be of help in this.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you Sir.[:)]
  • Options
    whaler97whaler97 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also have a Savage model 25 22 pump with the octagon barrel. I need the part that connects the magazine tube to the bottom of the barrel toward the front. Does anyone have one or an idea to find one? Other than that, the gun is in great shape.