In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

10 round restricted magazines

Fourth HorsemanFourth Horseman Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
edited January 2009 in Ask the Experts
For a pistol like a CZ75BD 9mm I purchased here in California with 10 round restricted magazines, is it just the magazine that's been modified to restrict it to 10 rounds or did they do something to the pistol itself so it can't except the 16 round magazines that come with CZ75 9mms sold in states where there are no such capacity restrictions?

Comments

• Options
    Emmett DunhamEmmett Dunham Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have seen different maker kits for sale for manazines.

Emmett
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's just the magazine that has been altered, so no more then ten rounds can be loaded in it. Nothing was done to the pistol.
  • Options
    Fourth HorsemanFourth Horseman Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks! That's what I thought but wasn't sure. Thanks again.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Fourth Horseman
    For a pistol like a CZ75BD 9mm I purchased here in California with 10 round restricted magazines, is it just the magazine that's been modified to restrict it to 10 rounds or did they do something to the pistol itself so it can't except the 16 round magazines that come with CZ75 9mms sold in states where there are no such capacity restrictions?

There's an electric switch in the bottom of the mag that notifies Nancy Pelosi whenever you try & stuff in that 11th round. [;)]

Actually, as mentioned the mag not the gun is different. If you examine the mag there's probably a crease or indent somewhere down the side that restricts the follower from dropping down too far. Some makers like Browning use a 2 piece mag with a plastic bottom unit, some even use a roll type spring, attached to the top of the mag, that uncurls to a length as to allow only 10 rounds.