In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mini 14 serial #'s

giltersleevegiltersleeve Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
edited January 2009 in Ask the Experts
I'v seen a lot of posting refering to serial#'s "post 180" "post 185"? I just purchesed a used one with a serial # beginning with 195xxxx. Whats the scoop? I went to ruger's web site but no help. I need to find a owners manual for it but witch one do I buy? Any help would be great.

Comments

• Options
    fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
    edited November -1
    Call Ruger. They should just send you one. (603) 863-3300
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    what is it yure talking about mini 14 or ?
    195-06037 1996
    195-27761 1997
    195-44221 1998
    195-63542 1999

this is the mini 195 series

try this
    http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/PDF/InstructionManuals/24.pdf
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm talking about a mini 14 with serial # begining 195xxxxx vs one that starts with 180xxxx. There is obviously a diffrence because the owners manuals I have looked at are number sensitive.The only reason it matters is for resale, and maybe I'm a bit picky. I dont want a copy or a pdf file, I want the real deal and I just want it to be the right one.I called ruger and got the machine and left my message, maybe they'll send it maybe not. No big deal either way, can't hurt to try.
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    180- was the first production run, had wood top cover over barrel and some mechanical differences from the commonly available ones. Dunno if newer prefixes indicate changes, model year, type, etc. though...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey moonshine, where did you * those #'s and dates? Thanks again you guys have been a lot of help.
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Avoid the 180 series like the plague. There were several major changes in the design starting with the 181 number. If you need parts
    most of the items you will need are unavailable. Parts for the bolt are notoriously hard to find & the stock is not interchangeable.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I bought a 195xxxx, orderd a hogue over molded stock,should be here monday, so I don't know how I'm gonna like it yet.I bought a bushnell 3-9x40 trophy to go on top.Nothing to expensive,just gonna shoot cyotes.Hope it all goes together well I guess I'll know monday.The guy I got it from only shot 15 tims, the things like brand new. He had the box but no paperwork, thats why the questions about the numbers.well thanks for all the info.