In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Appraiser for parkers

pvanpvan Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited January 2009 in Ask the Experts
I've a parker vhe 410 and would like to get it appraised.I don't hunt with a gun any longer and I'd like to part with it and have no idea as to it's worth except that every time I used to take it somewhere new people were more than willing to take it off my hands.[:)]
Could anyone recommend an appraiser that deals with Parkers.
Thanks
Paul

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Good Detail In Focus Pictures will allow the shotgun folks here at gunbroker give you some idea as to value. Look at auction #121239060 and contact seller MAC## see what he thinks about selling a shotgun on this site. You will receive bids and it most likely will bring a better offer then you trying to sell anywhere else .Sell no reserve small starting price American made double barrel 410 do have a lot of interest[^][:p]

EDIT a 410 double SKEET with straight stock great figure in wood and wide beavertail forearm NICE GUN
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have never used them, but if you go back to the home page for gunbroker, right side, link for an appraisal service.
  • Options
    ithaca4meithaca4me Member Posts: 538 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Parker has it's own forum. Try there. I would say 18,000 to 30,000 range.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Tried to register at the parker forum. No reply from them. IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0249.jpg
    IMG_0251.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg

Here a couple of photo's For some reason photobucket is losing my edits.I apologize for the quaility.
    I used the gun as a teenager to train my dogs and hunt with.Its has it's bumps and bruises.Hope this works as this site won't let me preveiw.
    Paul
  • Options
    ithaca4meithaca4me Member Posts: 538 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try http://doublegunshop.com/ very knowledgable people on this board who know doubles. Be very careful with this gun it is very rare and very valuable. I know very little about Parkers but english stock, single trigger, beavertail forend, skeet chokes all increase it's value. From the pictures and condition. I would say you are much closer to the 30,000 mark maybe more ask the gentlemen on that forum though.
  • Options
    101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello Paul and Welcome,

Your Vulcan w/auto extractors, single trigger is worth a fair amount,
    like more than fair amount if in completely original condition.
    This appears to be a late gun. The straight stock if original could
    actually add 35 percent to the gun. I am unable to see if the stock
    has the original plate. How are the bores? Is the lock up tight?
    What percent of the original case colors on the receiver remain?
    How much blue remain on the trigger guard? Original varnish on the
    walnut? Looks very nice but I can not see the photos clearly.
    What are the length of the barrels? Appears to have a BTFE. All pluses
    in Parker's. You must supply us with the above information for an evaluation. Also what are the chokes?
    Best.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies and advise gentlemen. The gun locks up tight and mechanicly sound,clean bores with the exception of a broken ejector. Still works but the rod is in two pieces. The front sights ivory bead is missing as well as the medallion on the stock. Two cracks in the foreend that were fixed(pinned from the inside) before I recieved the gun 39 years ago.Original finish on metal and wood. Not much case coloring left as far as I can tell but shotguns aren't my forte.The butt is checkered.
    Thanks again guys I'm a lot further down the road than I was before I came here.
    Paul