In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

H7R Handi Rifle Extractor Removal

GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in Ask the Experts
I have an H&R handi rifle with a broken extractor. I have removed the pins. the extractor slid out easily, far enough to allow me to remove the flat spring. When I attempt to slide it the rest of the way out, it tilts downward and hangs up. I tried clamping the extractor in a vise but still couldn't get it out. I didn't put a lot of pressure on it for fear of breaking it leaving a stub jammed inside. Am I missing something? Any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Is there a video available on you tube or elsewhere showing the removal of the extractor?
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Found this on a on-line site. In reference to reworking the extractor/ejector, to extractor only configuration.

"Whatever your reason, changing the auto ejector to extractor is a very simple job. Begin by removing the fore end screw, and the fore end. Remove the barrel from the receiver. Now examine the under lug. You will note the ejector, the ejector catch, and three roll pins. The rear most roll pin should be drifted out ( either direction ) until the ejector catch is free. I prefer to leave this pin retained in the off side of the under lug. In this way it won't get lost and is started, ready to drive back in. If you now pull the punch out, the ejector catch will drop downward and the ejector will move outward. If the ejector does not seem to be free, just pull down a little on the end of the ejector catch. "
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I finally got it out. Apparently there was a burr in the ejector channel that was holding it in. Thanks for the response!