In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need expert advice on selling an antique firearm

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in Ask the Experts
Situation: I have a Remington-Lee SRC model 1882 up for auction and a person made me an offer on it that I am comfortable with adjusting my auction price down to meet. Now the guy tells me that he lives in the United Kingdom, and that his exporter is Simpson Ltd., in Galesburg, Illinois. What are the legalities on this sort of thing? I'm getting to the point that I think I need to state in my auction that I do not want anyone that lives in a foreign country to contact me. How would you handle this situation?
What's next?

Comments

• Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kimi- am NOT an expert. Having said that, Simpson is a FFL that is also an importer/exporter of firearms. There are additional hoops to jump thru, but most are hoops for Simpson and the buyer.

Just as if you shipped a modern gun to my FFL here in VA, when the gun gets to my FFL, you have met your responsibilities. Get it to Simpson with what they need, you are done.

Link to Simpson export, includes email link to their export guy:

http://www.simpsonltd.com/information.php?info_id=5
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 11b6r
    Kimi- am NOT an expert. Having said that, Simpson is a FFL that is also an importer/exporter of firearms. There are additional hoops to jump thru, but most are hoops for Simpson and the buyer.

Just as if you shipped a modern gun to my FFL here in VA, when the gun gets to my FFL, you have met your responsibilities. Get it to Simpson with what they need, you are done.

Link to Simpson export, includes email link to their export guy:

http://www.simpsonltd.com/information.php?info_id=5

Thanks my friend, I really do appreciate your input. I just got off the phone with Mike at Simpson ltd., and he so much as said the same thing.

Have a great day!

James
    What's next?
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    get paid and ship to simpson your done ,,the rest is on the buyer ,,i have shipped several to canadian buyers thru importer service at there expense lots of them buy serveral and let them pile up at the exporters to make a load
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    No problem if shipped to Simpson just get paid first for the rifle. You can ship USPS with insurance
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks a bunch, folks!!!!!!
    What's next?
  • Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sold a couple of rifles to a man in Italy.

He paid me by transferring funds to my bank.

I then sent the rifles to Simpson. The deal went smoothly. It is no different than sending firearms to an ffl dealer in another state.