In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rossi Tuffy ,Hard primers

tocamohatocamoha Member Posts: 271 ✭✭
edited September 2015 in Ask the Experts
I bought some Wolf brass cased .410 shells on GB.My two Rossi Tuffys don't dent the primers hard enough to ignite .My other .410's work fine.I use these guns a lot for pack rats ,etc. and really want to use this ammo with them.Any suggestions for a harder strike? Thanks in advance,Tom

Comments

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heavier hammer spring (if they exisit). Kind a wonder if the firing pin needs to be longer? Or both? Hammer spring would be a easy cheap fix.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So are you loading the wolf cases yourself? What primers are you using? How well does it head space with the wolf brass?

Will it shoot factory loaded 410 ammo?

Options: I couldn't find a schematic so

A heaver hammer spring, or re-arched the current one if it is a flat spring, perhaps a shim if it's a coil spring.

A longer section on the firing pin portion that penetrates the frame or the end that the transfer bar contacts. Maybe a shorter firing pin return spring if it has one.

added Ok It looks like brass plated steel cases with berdan primers.

I think MagTech has brass cases in 410 that take pistol promers.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/151679/magtech-shotshell-hulls-410-bore-2-1-2-brass-box-of-25

I have a couple of 100 3" aluminum cases that were for the US survival rifle/shotgun. The take pistol primers. I loaded them with 5 .383 cast round balls on top of a charge of Hercules 2400. They would cut interlocking holes at 40 yards. I shot them in my Savage model 24? 22LR/410.

If it's a coil spring add a couple of washers to shim the spring.
  • Options
    tocamohatocamoha Member Posts: 271 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's Wolf factory ammo.They shoot other factory ammo fine .Numrich shows a single shot hammer spring but SOLD OUT.