In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

2 For 1 About Guns

mackcranemackcrane Member Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in Ask the Experts
Anybody tried a Walther CCP or a Double Tap? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Double Tap,,worked fine,,had the 9mm,,little kicky on the wrist but hey,,
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bought a Heizer chambered in 223 for the rental gun fleet and it just won't work, locks up every time we shoot it. Bought just for the wow factor as it throws a huge fire ball. A derringer makes no sense for a self defense gun to me. Much better options. We have sold the Walther since they first started shipping maybe a year ago and like them. They are great for someone with weak hands as the slide is very easy to rack due to the gas piston system. The trigger is good and they run well. The down side is they run dirtier than a regular recoil operated gun again due to the piston. I wouldn't let this worry me it just takes a couple minutes longer when you clean it. We ran out this weekend but got a shipment in today. Good luck, Ricci.
  • Options
    mackcranemackcrane Member Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks. I had a High Standard 22 Mag. Derringer that I bought in 1972 that my trusted " next of kin " was storing and a Cobra 38 Spl. with a bear of a trigger pull, both MIA since I now reside in the "Home". My Rehab-Physical Not Druggy-is going good so if I get out I want to get a few prizes for protection. I like different-(weird)- weapons so I'll keep browsing GB.