In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Help ID this Crazy Pistol!!!

406STROKER406STROKER Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
edited September 2015 in Ask the Experts
I have no Idea what this is. Please help. Thanks Eric.
100a-11.jpg
100a-21.jpg

100a1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Bill DeShivsBill DeShivs Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Home made gun. When he made the mould for the grips, he forgot to reverse the lettering. The obviously hand-stamped serial number is a dead giveaway.
    The grip angle is....interesting.
    I'll bet it shoots low!
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Possibly a Chinese village gunsmith working in support of the Reds. Maybe a Cao Dai pistol out of Viet Nam.
    Here is one similar from five years ago. Interesting how the Oriental mind is captivated by the Broomhandle Mauser. Carried over here in the hammer and slide pulls.
    https://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=447503

The real Demon pistol, is one of the many Spanish Ruby types. Grips molded off of these?
    Link didn't work, search on Demon pistol to see the picture. But it has nothing in common with Our Oriental Friend except the grips.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    H-C nailed it. It's Chinese. Probably a 1000 different variations. Almost everyone is different. Nobody knows who made them. Indication's are that almost every small village metalworking shop, made them at one time or another.

Majority are straight blowbacks, but chambered for the 30 Mauser, (7.62 X 25), pistol cartridge. As they would be very dangerous, to actually fire, with this cartridge. It's thought they were actually used as ceremonial, badge of office type guns, for the village headman/chief?

Although it does have some similarities to the BH Mauser. Size wise and internal mechanism, is much more similar. To very early production Spanish Star pistols, that were exported to China. Models 1908 & 1914. They were virtually unknown in the west, but apparently the Chinese really took to them.
  • Options
    bigborefanbigborefan Member Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone notice that the serial number on this pistol is exactly the same as the second close up pistol picture in Hawk Carse's post but with the addition of the number one at the beginning on his.
  • Options
    craig 25-06craig 25-06 Member Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Read the serial number from right to left.
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man, I'm glad I don't have to log that one in.[:)][:)]
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice little piece, really like it. History, and who knows how much.
  • Options
    tjh1948tjh1948 Member Posts: 464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks are close to a Jo Lo Ar with a different trigger guard.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is one of the early Star's I was referring to. Believe a 1914?

491_001.jpg