In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

More Colt 1911 w/ picts

CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
edited October 2015 in Ask the Experts
Here are pictures of the afore mentioned Colt 1911. What is correct, and what isn't? The barrel bushing is trashed, the barrel and bushing are tight. The gun does not shoot real well, at least not as good as any of my 1911s.
Thanks for looking.
W.D.
IMGP3626.JPG
IMGP3628.JPG
IMGP3635.JPG
IMGP3634.JPG
IMGP3637.JPG
IMGP3641.JPG
IMGP3639.JPG
IMGP3642.JPG
IMGP3645.JPG
IMGP3647.JPG
IMGP3632.JPG
IMGP3631.JPG
IMGP3627.JPG

Comments

• Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    I forget which ones, but some early slides had the serno behind the firing pin retainer in two lines, or up inside the slide stamped at the rear along the longitudinal axis.
    It would be a shame if that were the matching slide.
  • Options
    Bill DeShivsBill DeShivs Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What's left of the grips is elephant ivory.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is correct?
    Hardly anything.
    It looks like a victim of one of those 1960s gunzine articles "How to Accurize Your Army Surplus .45"

Slide and frame are 1911 era, the barrel is a WWII High Standard, several of the small parts are 1911A1, the sights are commercial Micro.

The bushing is a crude attempt to "fit" a tight bushing and wear on the rails indicate some effort to tighten the slide to frame fit.

Bluing from Acme Gunsmithing.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    it does not look like the pistol has ever been buffed as you stated markings are good on slide a Colt Pony in correct place but HS barrels were replacement barrels used during & after the WW II but also orginal Barrels for 1911A1 guns made during WW II
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    The guy who wants me to sell it thought the ivory grips where valuable. If they where intact, I think they would be. Ivory grips or not, I think it's a $500 1911, he wants considerably more. I think I'll give it back to him.
    W.D.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    I think you are right on the money (no pun intended), at best it is a 'shooter'.