In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Thompson Center classic 22

GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in Ask the Experts
Looking for a schematic for this rifle. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Steves pages has the manual, the link is an autoloading pdf I don't know how to copy and paste properly. Sort of has some pic's of the guts but I didn't see a real schematic with a part list.

www.stevespages.com/pdf/thompsoncenter_td22_classic.pdf

well the link work
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Looking for the extractor, part No. is 59201107. This appears to be a common problem with this rifle. (broken extractor, locking up the bolt)
    Design problem? Thanks.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well it could be a design problem or quality control with heat treatment of parts or made from the wrong material to begin with.

TC is not my favorite company. That they discontinued the product implies it at best didn't sell well or in fact it's a POS. A factory manual without a schematic and parts lists must have been written by lawyers not engineer's or gunsmiths.

I would weld up the broken one or perhaps file one out if you can't locate a new one.

Best of luck.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I could make one if I had all the parts. Moot point. The owner trashed it and purchased a ruger 10/22