In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

JAS Honaker rifle

shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in Ask the Experts
So an in law has enlisted my help in selling a JAS Honaker flint lock "Honaker family rifle" that is a family heirloom. I've handled it before and it appears in very nice condition. I've googled them as I know nothing about them and see that they are highly valued. I see that Rock Island Auctions has one, and was wondering about the best way for them to have it appraised and sold or auctioned. They live in Tennessee, the heirloom came from Logan WV.

Suggestions on a resources so that they don't get ripped off would be helpful, I only dabble in modern firearms. Thanks

IMG_2766_zpskbj2aym7.jpg
IMG_2767_zpsvhts1aqs.jpg
6_zpsu0r19kkz.jpg
Hard to read but it says JAS Honaker along with another name, perhaps the man he built the rifle for.
IMG_2769_zpsjiuacdlg.jpg
A2_zpsfwcvwqug.png

Comments

• Options
    cbyerlycbyerly Member Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A lot more pictures with detail are necessary to evaluate the rifle. From what I can see, it looks like a modern day reproduction.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wood and furniture appears to have been refinished/reworked? As they don't match lockplate and barrel.

If this is correct? Not a positive, a far as collectors value is concerned.