In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Setback sights on Benelli shotgun barrel

bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
edited June 2017 in Ask the Experts
I have been looking at Benelli shotgun barrels for a few of mine lately and I came across this barrel with "setback sights": http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/*/benelli-m2-barrels/80138

I can't comprehend why one would want to shorten their sight radius. I don't know of any suppressors that cover the end of the barrel like I have seen on a few military rifles. So, I have to be missing some benefit but I can't figure out what that is. Anyone know?
Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After the SBS paper work/license is accomplished. You take it out to the garage, and hacksaw off the barrel. Just forward of the sight,
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That would make sense, except that they already have NFA 14" barrels available unless that is what the class II suppliers do, buy these and cut them down.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bambihunter
    That would make sense, except that they already have NFA 14" barrels available unless that is what the class II suppliers do, buy these and cut them down.

My understanding is that you can't take possession of a SBS barrel, until the feds OK the paperwork,(many months?). This way you can actually have the barrel, legally in your possession. When the license/tax stamp? finally shows up.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, those ideas certainly make more sense than anything I had come up with. I knew I just needed to ask the experts. [:)]