In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock inspection

TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
edited June 2017 in Ask the Experts
My Friend took his Glock 30 to a Glock Armorer to check out since it has about 10,000 rounds thru it. He forgot to ask how much it would cost without needing parts. Any guesses

Comments

• Options
    Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Zero $$ for either inspections or parts.
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't charge anything for that.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He should of got it straightened out before hand. If I was asked to check out a 45, that has 10,000 rounds through it.

As a matter of course would replace, striker mechanism, extractor. And any other part, that experiences high wear through impact or abrasion.

This would be if the G 30, was his EDC, or house gun. If it is just a plinker, that spends most of the time lock up in the safe. Would just run through a couple boxes of ammo using his mags. If it was reliable, with no malfunctions. Give it back to him charging him standard hourly rate.
  • Options
    Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glock sends armorers all over the place to check guns. I know at Glock shoots the whole inspection and minor repair process is free
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Glock GSSF matches always have an armourer and they will inspect and replace any parts as necessary for free.

I've had serial RSA's replaced in the past couple of years.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with Rufe. If it was just a plinker I would shoot it until it seemed there was an issue. If it were my CCW gun, I would check everything thoroughly, replace the springs for the mags (since they are stored loaded), and the slide spring, as well as the extractor and then you're ready to go for another 10k at least. Honestly, for a Glock, I'd push that number out further to maybe 25k except the mag springs if kept fully loaded.

I know you were asking cost, it depends if they get reimbursed by Glock for their work. If they do, like at matches then I would think nothing. But if they are just authorized, then you might be charged an hourly rate and ammo if they test it.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.