In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

MAUSER CENTRAL#2

tocamohatocamoha Member Posts: 271 ✭✭
edited June 2017 in Ask the Experts
Now where can Mauser novices go to learn from the great gunsmiths and machinists and hobbyists who posted there?I'm trying to remember their names.TRAPP55,MIKE WISKEY,Z1R,inthe10ring,DonMarkey,Gumsmith,RHA,help me,help me.

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I was unable to spend as much time over at MC as I used to, but I'm sad to see it go. I was a moderator there before I was a moderator here (which was well before I became a GB administrator) and I had my own little sub forum. With the site's demise, a lot of good data and information was lost. Is there no archive?
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I may interject (pardon me)

Trapp 55 is gathering email addresses

I do not wish to add to his burden or name him as torch bearer for this cause but things must start somewhere

He has my email addy and others - I believe that (I trust) that I will hear from him in good time as will others

A network will form and addresses will be exchanged

As for who I am - I was once a moderator at MC and feel I helped is the sights founding in some small way

Gentlemen do not despair - a great diaspora has begun and many MC refugees will wash up on GunBroker Shores

Other firearm discussion boards will provide a new home for some as well if they do not return here

I await information from those better informed - I play no central role and claim no birthright or authority

Please wait and watch cautiously - if you have the personal emails of other MC members please network with them and suggest that they may look here for an update (or on some of the other boards)

Do some of the legwork yourselves and look for direction - someone will appear and assume a greater mantle of authority I suspect.

Please look for the forbearance and patience of the moderators and members here as you look for answers - don't be bad neighbors or poor houseguests

This is my humble opinion - it's what I suggest for now until more information is available

If I have spoken out of turn or overstepped the proprietary boundries I apologize in advance

Mike
  • Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have a short page on Mauser Reference fstuff here on my web site

http://www.hoosiergunworks.com/catalog/mauser_reference.html
    dave
    Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a flustercluck this is.
    At this point, I have no idea if the data is completely gone, but it's not looking good.
    At the least, I hope to get new site up, and start from scratch. At least that way, business transactions can be completed.
    I already had two full plates on my table when this got dumped on me, and I'm operating in the dark, and I'm way out of my fields of expertise. Keep your fingers crossed.
    For some reason, the GB message system here on the forum side isn't working, so if you sent me one with no response, you know why.
    Support has been overwhelming though, I want to thank you all!
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TRAP55,

I would suggest pulling together a team of experts to tackle this endeavor. I know where you can reach Z1r and maybe a couple of others so make your list and let's see what can be accomplished with hands in the kitchen. Distributing the workload is the only way to get this to work properly.

Best.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    After giving myself a good headache on the puter all day, I've found that a scumbag business that has made millions sniping expired domain names, got ours. They sell them back to you at a ransom price. Google ENOM and read a few of those links. Why these POS criminals are still wasting good air baffles me. If I was close enough, they would be in their local ER with severe kneecap problems right now.
    Good news, or at least the best I can give, should have the basics up for new website with a redirect in 24hrs.
    nononsense, I don't have the words to express my appreciation, thank you sir!

quote:Originally posted by nononsense
    TRAP55,

I would suggest pulling together a team of experts to tackle this endeavor. I know where you can reach Z1r and maybe a couple of others so make your list and let's see what can be accomplished with hands in the kitchen. Distributing the workload is the only way to get this to work properly.

Best.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have to rebuild, right now we are trying to get a copy of the original backup from the host.

in the meantime the new address is mausercentral.net. It is a project in the works, please be patient!
  • Options
    COPPER TOPCOPPER TOP Member Posts: 209 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:)]Any progress on this?

Thanks to all.

All The Best
    Sammie Douan
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,383 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tocamoha
    Now where can Mauser novices go to learn from the great gunsmiths and machinists and hobbyists who posted there?
    Uh....How 'bout right here?
  • Options
    punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Might try mausercentral.net instead of .com. Still rebuilding but a lot of the old info has been saved.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by COPPER TOP
    [:)]Any progress on this?

Thanks to all.

All The Best
    Sammie Douan

Sammie, it's up and running at mausercentral.net , bare bones right now, but a steady work in progress.
    I was already on the same page as nononsense, and shanghaied all the techie geeks I know, to try and salvage over a decade of technical data on Mausers and custom gun building that we had accumulated.
    Again, my thanks to nononsense and GB!