In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

selling a parts kit build

ChrisRobChrisRob Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited July 2017 in Ask the Experts
I am interested in selling a SA HK 91/G3 rifle that I had built from a parts kit back in 2004. It was built by a FFL on a serialized SWI receiver and used all US compliance parts at the time of the build which mandated a fake flash hider. After the AWB expired, I had same builder install a real flash hider, that was the only update to the original build. I would like to know if there are any restrictions or special considerations I need to be aware of with regards to selling a parts kit build. Links to further reading, etc. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ChrisRob,

Welcome to the GB forums!

You might want to direct this question specifically to Mark Christian, a Moderator and Admin for these forums. Mark will have the best information regarding your specific question.

Best.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any time that you have a question about a specific, unique firearm, it's best if you post photos:

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294

Neal
  • Options
    ChrisRobChrisRob Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here are a few overall shots of the firearm in question. I have more detailed shots if needed.

IMG_0898.JPG
    IMG_0899.JPG
    IMG_0901.JPG
    IMG_0918.JPG
    IMG_0914.JPG

Thanks
  • Options
    oldWinchesterfanoldWinchesterfan Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nononsense
    ChrisRob,

Welcome to the GB forums!

You might want to direct this question specifically to Mark Christian, a Moderator and Admin for these forums. Mark will have the best information regarding your specific question.

Best.

Mark won't be on for a while. Over in GD he signed off about 2 AM yesterday as he was unplugging his computer and packing up to move from California to Florida.
  • Options
    villafuegovillafuego Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it's built on a serial#'d SW receiver, then selling it is no different than any other firearm.

If it was built from a flat, then prior to selling the builder would have to apply a serial # (at least)