In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1911's

HawkshawHawkshaw Member Posts: 1,016 ✭✭
edited July 2017 in Ask the Experts
[b
Would you happen to know anything about 1911's 45 Military
matching ###S but seem to be world War 1 reworks ...On gun it has (AA).But I was told by A gun dealer that he has never seen any 1911'S for this year that were this clean!!
Also in the group is a (Ace 22 1911)
training pistol One 45 is a RemingtonRan The Other is a Colt.
I beleive the date on guns is 1913 (USA)
Any info would be great.
Thanks Ricklue][/blue][}:)]

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I am not a big pistol guy, but I have a request for some info/recommendation. Budget is around $800.00. How do you compare the Ruger vs the Remington. (45ACP)---I'm mostly interested in function/reliability. Any other brand would be fine, but, again I'm not an expert in handguns. Your thoughts please. THX GUYS
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Folks like the old Chevy ford debate I sure everyone one has their special likes and dislikes.

Please advise am considering buying one and need feedback.
    If you own one what's your like and dislike ?

Thanks
    Wayne
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I guess that I have been under a rock for the last several years. Since I have started to look for a 1911, I've found out that they are scarce as hens teeth. As a FFL holder, I'd like not to have to pay retail plus. None of my usual suppliers have ANY Rugers, Rem 1911;s,very few Para-US, or Colts. Yes, I've looked at the auction side. SOOOO---Does anyone have any comments/experienc with Armscor/Rock Is., or Magnum research 1911's? Or any other makes?
    THX HAWKSHAW
  • Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Or if you want to really start a conversation go to ATE forum!
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hawkshaw,

I'm not a fan of anything Ruger except maybe the 10/22's, so I personally would skip that one.

The Remington 1911 has gotten some good reviews but I wonder why you have skipped the Colt 1991 A1 which is right in the price ballpark? This pairing seems a little limited when the 1911 market is overwhelmed with decent choices.

Best.
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The current Colt Competition is also close to your 'price point'.

9mm or 45 ACP (the 32 Super is a bit more)

http://www.GunBroker.com/item/662854317

http://www.GunBroker.com/item/663319536
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nononsense
    I didn't think I limited your response to the Ruger, or Remington! I clearly asked for "Your thoughts. and any other brand would would be fine."

THX for the replies guy's
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As I own many except a Remington, & I don't own one of those for a reason. The R-1 is not a very good example of a 1911.
    My Ruger shoots as well as My Colt Gold Cup National match & better than my Kimber, or Para Ord. My RIA in 22 TCM runs better than my friends Remington.
    For the price the Ruger is an excellent choice.
  • Options
    SP45SP45 Member Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In that price range you are going to get internal parts that are MIMS or molded metal. That includes Smith & Wesson, Sig Sauer and the lower end Kimber, Ruger, Remington ect.. that is how they offer them at that price. Don't know what Colt is currently doing. That being the case go for the one that looks the best to you. They should all shoot similar. Right now the 1911 market is divided into the 700.00 range or the people who want a semi custom or full custom in the 2,500.00 to 3,500.00 range. My experience is that the mid market 1,200 to 1,800.00 is hard to sell.
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't forget the Khar owned autoordnance....also in this range.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unlike Nononsense, I like Rugers and like both the 1911 and the Commander sized 1911 from Ruger. I stay away from Remington. Otherwise I have Colt, Sig and Kimber 1911's. I think Ruger tops them.
  • Options
    punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    If you are planning on keeping it and passing down go with Colt. Colt has the name recognition as THE 1911. 50 years from now the rest in that price range will only be known as Colt clones.