In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hey Oneshy- CETME question

granny_knotgranny_knot Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
How do you like it? Prices are dropping so fast I gotta get one. Thanks for your time. Bob

Comments

• Options
    tajjntajjn Member Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Compared to some of the other G3 / HK 91 clones Cetme's are generally a higher quality. I had one of the alumininum receiver G3's and sold it to get a Cetme. The G3 had constant feed problems. Cetme had some feed problems one day, but just needed a lot of oil and 100 rounds fired to fix what was probably a breakin problem. Wood front hand guard tends to get real hot, real fast, does not dispell heat like the plastic ones do. Unfortunatly I bought mine before the prices came down
  • Options
    rttcrttc Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    THE ONE iVE GOT WORKS GREAT, THERE IS (A LITTLE INFO ON THE CETME AT GUNBOARDS.COM )
  • Options
    oneshyoneshy Member Posts: 417
    edited November -1
    Hey Granny, It has become my favorite range gun. It's easy to pack, high power ammo and the prices on 308 ammo are also pretty cheap. When I first used it I had extraction problems probably because I hadn't cleaned it first. After about 60 rds. and some liberal oiling it worked just fine. It shoots 12" left at 100yd. but as I look at it the front sight may be out of alignment. I have been busy lately and have not had time to fool with it, but it looks like it will be easy to fix. Come to think of it, if anyone has an idea on this I would appreciate any feedback. You gotta get one Granny. I may have bought mine too early, as I just couldn't wait for the prices to come down. As tajjn said, the handguard gets hot. Just one point. The HK91 and all others are the clones. The CETME is the original. The men who designed it for the Spanish army later took the plans and sold them to HK. The word CETME is taken from the initials of the spanish military factory that originally produced it. My particular rifle came from Federal Arms 763-780-8780 and is probably a high quality parts gun. At least it seems to be. Call them for price comparisons.[This message has been edited by oneshy (edited 09-20-2001).][This message has been edited by oneshy (edited 09-21-2001).]