In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Opinions on CZ 83

duster68duster68 Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I'm considering one for CC. Anyone own or ever shoot one? Pro's, con's, opinions?Thanks

Comments

• CZECHMATE2CZECHMATE2 Member Posts: 203 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are an excellent choice. The hi capacity magazines are the only drawback to owning one as they are for the most part impossible to find.I collect CZ & BRNO arms & if you do want one I would advise you to try to find an older gun. Like one that was imported by Action Arms or Magnum Research.Right now Forrest Co.(520-210-7900)has aftermarket .380 mags for 29.50.They are hi-caps made by Western Metal Products.
  • Guns & GlassGuns & Glass Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sell CZ. Hearty ditto on Czechmate's opinion. Beats Walther PP series, and Sigs P230/232.Have OEM mags readily available at all times. E-mail jabsao@msn.com.
    Happy Bullet Holes!
  • duster68duster68 Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow, nice to know I'm making the right choice. Better than a PP or 232!? Even better, I found a guy selling NIB (with two 10-rounders) for $219 delivered! Best price I've ever seen. Are the Western Mags. good quality? Thanks for you input.
  • ranahanranahan Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is there a CZ web site where I can see these guns?ranahan
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,003 ******
    edited November -1
    One suggestion relative to the CZ.If you use Gunscrubber or a similar product to clean it, TAKE THE GRIPS OFF FIRST, and put them across the room.Gunscrubber melts most European plastic, including Walther grips.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Egotistical Rogue, Evil, Dangerous Racist Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • duster68duster68 Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I learned that the hard way with a little PPK clone made by FEG. I used a bore cleaner on it, much too liberally. Some got on the grips and messed them. Literally melted the texture off. Good advice.
  • CZECHMATE2CZECHMATE2 Member Posts: 203 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to CZFORUM.COM to view products & get a lot of info.