In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Savage Auto /finish

218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Other than the Browning Pat.info and such,what can someone(A.Q.H.)tell me about one of my Savage Auto Shotguns.The one in question is a humpback in an alloy receiver,with no mod.#.The receiver has a neat lookin ,sort of olive greenish lookin finish,what kind of finish is it,and what gunmakers used it?On what guns? Nice little 12 guage in mod.
Will the last reb to leave flarda,please bring the flag?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Calling MR Quailman.
    Will the last reb to leave flarda,please bring the flag?
  • Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The finish is called anodizing. A few companies around that time frame offered some color options. The Browning Twelvette and Twentyweight come to mind.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks a lot,any opinion on it,like or don`t like?Thanks again!! .218
  • Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never been a real big fan, personally. I do look for them to buy, though. Certain color combinations on specific guns have collector appeal.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    218Beekeep"er":I have never owned a Savage. The only aluminum framed shotguns that I have ever had was/is a Franchi in 20 gauge and an Atis in 12 gauge. The Atis I traded off along with some more stuff to get the Remington 11-48. Both of the aluminum framed guns had a black anodized finish. Since the Franch is designed for real close in work in tight cover, where I have taken it has produced scratches on the frame. I don't worry about it, because if it can't go where I go and do the work I want done, then I don't need it.