In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.308 ammo

mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Hello experts. Just got some NATO 308 in sealed bags and wanted to know the difference between pkgs with a yellow circle and black circle, old man I got it from said the black was armour piercing. Any ideas? Thanks as always B.C..

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hey guys, I'm brand new to the fourm and would like to ask a question if I may? I just bought an Enfield 2-A .308 cal. NATO rifle to add to my military collection. Is if absolutely unsafe to shoot modern Hunting ammo like American Eagle, Remington,&etc. in the Weapon , or am I stuck with NATO ammo? Thanks T. Webb
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Was someone looking for inexpensive .308 ammo a while back? I went to a couple of gun shows this past weekend and saw .308 for $110 for 1,000 rounds. Don't know how you can beat that. Check out the gun shows in your area. I'm sure you can find what you're looking for.Mudge
    Anyone who CAN carry, SHOULD carry!Let me update that.Anyone who CAN carry, BETTER carry.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi, i have a springfield M1A national match and i dont always want to use match grade ammo. Its just too expensive. i tried using surplus ammo, like that austrailian stuff, and i tried wolf too... they are both pretty bad performers. does anyone know of some less expensive ammo that shoots decent? What i am looking for is just a day of fun, without spending a ton of money on ammo.

Thanks,
    Martin Janczak
  • Options
    ref44ref44 Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What was the source if you recall?
  • Options
    ref44ref44 Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Several years back, there was some bad Spanish .308 ammo on the market that was dangerous. I don't remember much more about it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry...Don't recall who made it. Just saw the sign and remembered that someone here was looking for .308.Mudge
    Anyone who CAN carry, SHOULD carry!Let me update that.Anyone who CAN carry, BETTER carry.