In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

shooting from a tree stand

110110 Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Just wondering when shooting from a tree stand if need to aim high or low at what you are shooting at?

Comments

• Options
    32wsl32wsl Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hardly makes a difference at 40-60 yards.
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When shooting from an elevated position, (whether bow or gun) always keep in mind that the entry point is higher than the exit point. Mentally draw an imaginary line connecting the two points....then make sure the vitals are in that tragectory and will be hit. If you aim too low the vitals could be missed completely. Hope I explained that so it's understandable.
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Hey 110,just want ya ta know I`m with ya on the 110s!!!!!!! .218
    Will the last reb to leave flarda,please bring the flag?
  • Options
    Police SharpshooterPolice Sharpshooter Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bullet strike will be higher when firing from any elevated position. At close ranges the diference is minimal. Here are some figures for the .308. These are based on a 45 degree angle. 100 yds .08 inches, 200 yds 3.4 inches, 300 yds 8.0 inches, 400 yds 15.0 inches and 500 yds 25.0 inches. Under most hunting conditions, the strike will not be affected as above, as I doubt you will be firing at a 45 degree angle.