In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Which gun is better? I need help!

2manyguns2manyguns Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I have a Glock 17, and I was woundering if a H&K was as good as a Glock 21 or better. Could someone give me the pros and cons about these two guns?

Comments

• Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oooooh, thats a tough one. I'm going to try to remain very neutral, because this topic could spark some serious arguments.Ok, I'm not saying that one's better than the other, in fact, they are really close to the same. They are both very nice, duty quality pistols. I say duty quality because in my book a gun that is good enough for me to carry is duty quality.They both have strong polymer frames with steel slides. Basically the only thing would be personal preferences.The Glock has no external safety, if you don't pull the trigger then it wont go off. It has a short DA only pull thats really more like a SA pull. You can even buy a small drop in part to make it 3.5lb'sThe HK has an external safety and is also available with a decock or with only a decock and no safety. It is available in Traditional DA and DA only.They are both available in the same cartridges and both offer compact models.I'd recommend checking them both out in person and deciding which one you'd be more comfortable with and what features you want.Summarizing what I just said, they are both equal, both excellent firearms, just depends on what features you want as to which one to get.
  • Options
    oneshyoneshy Member Posts: 417
    edited November -1
    AS stated they are both excellent. From tests and personal testimonials I have read the Glock seems to be almost indestructable. Read a story about some California deadheads that were using them to shoot fish instead of a speargun. The Glock would be quicker to draw and shoot. Glock's customer service is unsurpassed. My brother dropped, and broke the front sight on his. From shipping to return was 7 days. They will repair used or traded pistols without question and without proof of purchase. Just a passing thought. A man asked Guns&Ammo the same question about all pistols in general. They said Glock.
  • Options
    smooth_operatorsmooth_operator Member Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Both firearms have its own distinct qualities. Some better than the other...but essentially they are in the same level. Although it would not be a fair comparison because these are two different firearms and uses different methods mechanically (HK is SA/DA and the Glock is a DAO), it ultimately comes down to the preference of the person writing the reply.My best advise for you is to read the other posts and get a hold of these two firearms and shoot it. Which feels better FOR YOU??? I doubt that you will run them to the ground like the stories we often hear in this message board so trust your instincts because like everyone else,you will never be able to outshoot either one of these. good luck,-Smooth
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A friend has a Glock 21 that I've fired and I love it. I've got big hands and it fits as well as my Commander. Probably going to be a Xmas present from me to me. Never fired an HK but it would have to be a helluva lot better than the Glock to change my mind. Mrs. Mudge carries a Glock 30 and really likes it, but it's a bit too small for my hands.Mudge
    Anyone who CAN carry, SHOULD carry!Let me update that.Anyone who CAN carry, BETTER carry.[This message has been edited by mudge (edited 09-21-2001).]
  • Options
    1blitzer1blitzer Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I own the glock 22 and 27 and have owned the glock 23. Also I own the H&K USP 40. The USP is more accurate for me than the glock and is rated for +P+ loads. I am probally going to trade the glock 22 in on something, but I really like the glock 27.
  • Options
    1blitzer1blitzer Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think another reason that the glock is popular is that it costs much less than the USP, but remember you get what you pay for.
  • Options
    Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    Difficult question as to what piece of tactical tupperware is better, kind of asking which gourmet restraunt is better - Burger King or Mickey D's?Of the 2, try each as the triggers are very different; Glock has a poorly thought-out safety system and a consistently bad trigger pull while H&K has a really bad trigger pull in DA and a fairly good pull in SA.If you insist on plastic, I guess the H&K would get my vote but I wouldn't willingly pick either.
    Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem.Semper Fidelis