In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

need info on LLama pistols....

speedy7981speedy7981 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
hey... poor navy guy here w/ a love for guns but not a lot of money... wondering on the quality of the LLama .45 compact and fullsize pistols. def seems to be a bargain price but i don't know anyone who owns one and would like some feedback on reliablility if possible.I don't want to buy any junk guns so i am trying to research this before purchas. any info from people who are familiar w/ the brand would be appreciated.

Comments

• speedy7981speedy7981 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey... poor navy guy here w/ a love for guns but not a lot of money... wondering on the quality of the LLama .45 compact and fullsize pistols. def seems to be a bargain price but i don't know anyone who owns one and would like some feedback on reliablility if possible.I don't want to buy any junk guns so i am trying to research this before purchas. any info from people who are familiar w/ the brand would be appreciated.
  • compgunfirecompgunfire Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd go with a "Charles Daly" before I would buy a Llama. the Llama's I've handled over the years have always left me wanting more. If monies tight, which it always is, save till you can and get a Springfield "Loaded" or Kimber.
  • gunny6gunny6 Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good advice, go with the Chas. Daly..
  • j2k22j2k22 Member Posts: 329 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    avoid Llama pistols-NDG !
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I would think there has been 100's of complaints seen here on Llama autoloaders. I've never seen a positive on the 1911 style pistols. Most complaints deal with feed or extraction problems that cause jamming. Not a good deal if your life depends on it. Go with anything other than a Llama.
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get a Charles Daily or a Rock Island Arsenal 1911. They are both cheap but better than a Llama. If you do, stick with FMJ ammo and factory mags.Save up another $200 and get a Springfield Armory.
  • buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bought a compact Llama 45 afew years back.The first thing I did was stone and polish the slide rails and frame and polished the feed ramp.Never had a problem with accuracy or dependabilty.That was the only Llama I ever owned so I cant say if I happen to get a good one or the work I did on it made it a good one.
  • hipshooterhipshooter Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    a friend of mine said that he had a llama,shot less than 500 rounds through it and discovered that it wore a groove in the slide or something like that. then another friend has one he takes to the little competitions we have and has a heck of a time with it.ive never seen him shoot 100 rounds without it jamming. owning one would be kind of exiting,not knowing if its gonna jam or not i guess.
  • thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go with a Colt Sistema. Its an all interchangeable 1927 Colt made in Argentina, and it will run about the same as a Charles Daly.
  • PhilPhil Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Llama = junkos del fuego.