In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Any experience with Marlin 795 or 7000

gravediggergravedigger Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Went to the Gun Shop today to look at 10/22's. A Marlin 795 caught my eye. I like the overall look of the Marlin over the Ruger. Does anyone have any experience with this gun. Is it good or what? Also can you get pre-ban hi-cap mags for this gun?After checking out the website I also saw the 7000. I like this one as well, though the lack of open sights concerns me. I plan to put a scope on down the road, but I'd like to shoot it for a while with open sights. Any experience with the 795 or 7000 would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.-Marcus

Comments

• Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My bud just bought a new 795. I think he got it for about $120 new. It was a fun little shooter, buy a few extra magazines, its fun just to through out lead, stick a new mag in and do it again.Its a very, very light little gun, has more kick than most .22's because of this, but just enough to make it funner to shoot. My buddies shot clean straight out the box, we put a brick thru it that day with no problems. I'm actually thinking about gettin one myself. I really like marlin .22's, but everyone should still own a 10/22. My buddy buys a new .22 marlin once a month, i'm serious. He got marlin's 2002 catalog in the mail and is now trying to buy the whole product line I think. -Ryan if you read this, you know I'm talkin 'bout you, you marlin freak...
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,010 ******
    edited November -1
    Marlin also makes the 995 in stainless.My favorite is the 7000 with the heavy barrel.Marlins are about as good as they get.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Egotistical Rogue, Evil, Dangerous Racist Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Options
    stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    I have an older (mid 80s) Marlin model 700, it's the same as the model 60 but is clip fed.I picked up a 25 rd. clip about 10 years ago and it was some fun while it lasted! Didn't take long to get all gummed up, dont know where it is anymore.The gun is a shooter though!! I put a cheap bushnell 4-12 on it and after shooting with friends, I like to see the looks on their faces as I shoot the nails holding the target together until it falls into pieces!Trust me....... it's the rifle, not the marksman! My 10/22 sits unused, it just can't compete. (The Marlin has a lousy trigger pull though)
  • Options
    gravediggergravedigger Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all your replies. I'm going to buy the 795 some time next week. I'm gonna put a little cheap compact scope on it as well.-Marcus
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,010 ******
    edited November -1
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!Somebody used the words "cheap" and "scope" in the same sentence. It always sends me off, sorry.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Egotistical Rogue, Evil, Dangerous Racist Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't bother, they come with really decent sights.