In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BRITISH ENFIELD

PMEDIC433PMEDIC433 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I have a 1944 British Enfield rifle, I am unable to tell what mark it is and do all enfield magazines fit?

Comments

• Options
    ammo guyammo guy Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably a #4 Mk 1, or Mk1*. I assume the gun has the 3-4" of barrel sticking out the front, your would need the correct Mag, I believe there is some interchangability but cannot remember the specifics, hope this helps.
  • Options
    rusty3040rusty3040 Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IF THE TRIGGER IS MOUNTED TO THE TRIGGERGAURD ITS A NUMBER 4MK1 IT THE TRIGGER IS MOUNTED TO THE RECIEVER ITS A NUMBER 4 MK2
  • Options
    jsutbobjsutbob Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not 100% on this but the No.4 Mk.1&2 magazines will fit and function in the No.1 Mk.3 but the No.1 mag will not fit in the No.4 , at least they won't in my rifles. They have an extra bit where the magazine locks into the trigger guard. I've no idea what its for but maybe one of the anglophiles out there can tell you.[This message has been edited by jsutbob (edited 09-19-2001).]
  • Options
    LanceLance Member Posts: 128 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have graphic IDing differences among No. 4s from an article I wrote several years ago. If you want it, let me know your address.
  • Options
    PMEDIC433PMEDIC433 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info. The barrel extends approx 14 in. past forarm . The trigger appears to be mounted to trigger guard. Sorry for late reply but have weird work schedule.God Bless America