In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Charles Daly

biggunner1biggunner1 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
i was wondering if anyone could tell me the quality and accuracy of a charles daly handgun(1911). I appriciate it.

bandito

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know of a web sight where I can find a charles Daly catalog? Appreciate any responses.

Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know if the Charles Daly 1911 pistols would be good ones to use for practical shooting competition. Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Charles Daly Empire Grade double in 20 Ga. Bored Imp. Cyl & Mod The gun was made in Italy. Has a single non-selective trigger and auto extractors. Wood and metal are excellent. Any ideas on value?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am interested to find out what people think of the Charles Daly handguns?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Charles Daly Superior 2 semi-auto 12ga 3" What's it worth? Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lookin at buyin a Charles Daly Semi Auto 12 Gauge, is there anyone out there with any experience with them?

45Colt
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just purchased a used older model Charles Daly O/U 12 guage trap gun made in Miroku, Japan. My question is about the chokes, I believe they used the same markings as the older Brownings.. The top barrel is marked + which I think is full choke, the bottom barrel is marked ++- which I think is Imp Mod.. Can anyone can give me a definite answer to this???? thanks....
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think you'll find alot of mixed answers about he CD 1911A1. Some will say it shoots ok, others will say its a piece of junk. It is a cheap gun therefore it will need special attention in order to function properly. In otherwords, use factory magazines, and only shoot FMJ ammo thru it as it was designed for. Buy a few boxes of ammo and get it thru its "break in" period where it is most likely to malfunction.Personally, I think if you want something with all the astetically pleasing features, that you could spend some money to have some internal work done, I'd say go for it. You will be getting what you pay for. It will shoot, they are made out of good metal, but alot of the guts are made of cast stuff, and you can litterally feel it in the gun when you push the grip safety in. For the amount of money you'd spend in the long run getting it to shoot nicely, you might as well get a springfield armory "loaded" model. My friend James bought one brand new, as his first real gun for a wopping $335, and was very pleased with it. For the money he got alot. They have a lifetime warranty so if they break you can always send it back and get a new one. They are manufactured in the Phillipines and imported by KBI. If you take a close look into them, there are some places where the tool marks show a little more than in higher priced guns, and you can see a few spots where corners were cut. The only real problem that my buddies had was not a functional problem, but the spring plug thing didn't fit in the dust guard right. About 2 minutes with a file fixed it.To make short, its not a saturday night special, but it ain't no kimber either...