In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Help operating beretta 686 Onyx O/U

JeffCJeffC Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I just bought a beretta 686 12ga onyx o/u used and have a question about how it works (I have not been to the range yet). I thought that the trigger when 1/2 pulled would fire one barrel, and a complete pull would fire the other. It appears that switch on the top must be manipulated before the other barrel can be fired. Is this the case?

Comments

• Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, you select which barrel to fire first with the combination safety/selector switch.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You must fully pull the trigger to fire the first barrel and then release and fully pull again to fire the second barrel.The selector is used to chose which barrel will fire first. Firing the bottom barrel first does not cause the front sight to rise as much due to recoil as the top barrel. This will allow a faster followup shot if required.
  • Options
    NEEDCOLDNEEDCOLD Member Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On the safety is the barrel selector switch.Push it to the left, and one red dot will show. This is for the lower barrel to fire first. Push it to the other side and two red dots will show. The top barrel will fire first.I prefer to keep an IC choke in the bottom barrel, so that when I miss and the bird is high-tailing it out, I can try again with a modified in the top. That way I'm making the individual patterns work for me.Have fun with it. It's a great gun.
  • Options
    NEEDCOLDNEEDCOLD Member Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On the safety is the barrel selector switch.Push it to the left, and one red dot will show. This is for the lower barrel to fire first. Push it to the other side and two red dots will show. The top barrel will fire first.I prefer to keep an IC choke in the bottom barrel, so that when I miss and the bird is high-tailing it out, I can try again with a modified in the top. That way I'm making the individual patterns work for me.Have fun with it. It's a great gun.