In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Can RCBS dies/shellholders be used in LEE presses?

jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I got a gun that Lee doesn't make a die for. RCBS does. Can I use the die/shellholder from RCBS in my LEE press?
Wenn alles richtig ist, dann stimmt 'was nicht. -Nena (When everything is going right, something is bound to be wrong.)

Comments

• Options
    ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most dies are a standard size thread and are interchangeable with each other. I use lee and rcbs dies in my Rock Chucker, so I don't see why you couldn't. The shell holders are also interchangeable.
  • Options
    luger01luger01 Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jonk,Yes. I do it all the time. Also use Hornady and a few others.
  • Options
    NEEDCOLDNEEDCOLD Member Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So we're saying that most (if all) dies will interchange in Lee/RCBS/Hornady/Lyman presses?I didn't know that (only been doing this for a couple of years as a hobby).Well, I think that I may save a buck here and there on some boolets I want to try to reload for.Nothing ventured, nothing gained?Thanks.
  • Options
    NEEDCOLDNEEDCOLD Member Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So we're saying that most (if all) dies will interchange in Lee/RCBS/Hornady/Lyman presses?I didn't know that (only been doing this for a couple of years as a hobby).Well, I think that I may save a buck here and there on some boolets I want to try to reload for.Nothing ventured, nothing gained?Thanks.