In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

DAY .22 lr conversion kits

RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Found a Day .22lr conversion kit for my 1911 at a gun show for $275, any information concerning quality and is that a fair price? Plan to go back tommorrow and possibly purchase if it's still there.

Comments

• Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RembrandtIt seem to remember somthing about them on a thread here not to long ago, I belive whoever was talking about them was saying they are top of the line ... you might try checking the archives if no one else replys.
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    Ross C. McDonellRoss C. McDonell Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the Day system does not work out I have a Jarvis conversion for sale w/ 5 magazines.$275. plus shipping.
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The DAY unit didn't work out, the guy came down to $250....told him I'd take it if it would fit my frame...it did'nt. I have a Springfield Armory Omega (Peter Stahls) 3 barrel set (.38 super, .45acp, 10mm) It appears the extractor that is used has a slight edge on the side to handle 10mm cases....this won't allow the Day unit to slide back completely unless I change the extractor each time. I did contact Nygord to check on a Peters Stahl .22 conversion and maybe some additional barrels (.40 S&W and 357 sig). They've announced they will be importing Peter Stahls pistols soon....we'll see what they say.Thanks for all your help!