In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.32 Colt Ammo

bfairbfair Member Posts: 250 ✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Am correct in my thinking that you can fire.32 S&W in a .32 Long Colt but not the other way around?
Semper Paratus

Comments

• Options
    modocmodoc Member Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe you haver that backward.At least in my 38 Colt the 38 S&W case is too fat to enter the chamber.The 32 long Colt case would swell larger but you might get by with it on a rare occasion.NOT AT A STEADY DIET.Shoot only what the gun was made for is damned good advice.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I believe you haver that backward.At least in my 38 Colt the 38 S&W case is too fat to enter the chamber.The 32 long Colt case would swell larger but you might get by with it on a rare occasion.NOT AT A STEADY DIET.Shoot only what the gun was made for is damned good advice.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I believe you haver that backward.At least in my 38 Colt the 38 S&W case is too fat to enter the chamber.The 32 long Colt case would swell larger but you might get by with it on a rare occasion.NOT AT A STEADY DIET.Shoot only what the gun was made for is damned good advice.You can shoot long and short 38 Colt in 357 mag or 38 specials with no problem.Maybe that is what you were thinking. modoc[This message has been edited by modoc (edited 09-22-2001).][This message has been edited by modoc (edited 09-23-2001).]
  • Options
    redcedarsredcedars Member Posts: 919 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whoa there!!!!!DO NOT SHOOT .32 S&W IN ANY .38 CALIBER GUN!NEVER!!! NEVER!!! NEVER!!!!!The .32 S&W with a flat point bullet was the .32 Colt New Police. It is not the same as the .32 Short or Long Colt.redcedars
  • Options
    YankeeClipperYankeeClipper Member Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have them all. If you shoot a .32 long colt in a .32 new police or a .32s&w long it will split. The .32 colt new police is the same as .32 s&w long