In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

need info on LLama pistols....

speedy7981speedy7981 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
hey... poor navy guy here w/ a love for guns but not a lot of money... wondering on the quality of the LLama .45 compact and fullsize pistols. def seems to be a bargain price but i don't know anyone who owns one and would like some feedback on reliablility if possible.I don't want to buy any junk guns so i am trying to research this before purchas. any info from people who are familiar w/ the brand would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    speedy7981speedy7981 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey... poor navy guy here w/ a love for guns but not a lot of money... wondering on the quality of the LLama .45 compact and fullsize pistols. def seems to be a bargain price but i don't know anyone who owns one and would like some feedback on reliablility if possible.I don't want to buy any junk guns so i am trying to research this before purchas. any info from people who are familiar w/ the brand would be appreciated.
  • Options
    ranahanranahan Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too will be interested in knowledgable input here. I've heard that the LLama was a good gun and under rated but never owned one. Jeff Cooper has mentioned it favorably, years ago, before there were so many high profile 1911 clones and custom race-guns to distract us from meat and potatoes.ranahan
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They usually function OK.They don't take GI parts.You can get a Norinco or Argie systema for $250 to $300.cpermd
  • Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Save a little longer, buy a LOT better...
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Options
    oneshyoneshy Member Posts: 417
    edited November -1
    Gun test mag found that the LLama functioned fine, but the slide on the one they had was unevenly machined causing it to shoot 7" left of the aim point. Perhaps just one that slipped past quality control?