In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Astra Imperial 20 ga. s x s

cts1cts1 Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I am looking for information on my ASTRA Imperial 20 ga. s x s. The only info I have is that it is made in Spain. I am also intrested in value and any history. According to the coding, I believe it is a 1961 model. Thanks! CTS1

Comments

• Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don Pedron Unceta and Don Juan Esperanza began the business in Eibar in 1908 and moved production to Guernica in 1913. The "Astra" trade mark was adopted in 1914.In the 90's a series of corporate "reorganizations" occured. Astra tried unsuccessfully to acquire "Star" patents and move to a smaller facility. They were forclosed on in 1998 and went under.As to your shotgun - I haven't got a clue. I have never seen one. Perhaps "Der" or "AntiqueDr" may come on line an be of some assistance.
  • Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Astra did market some shotguns, although never successfully in the US. I'm not sure that Astra actually manufactured the guns or whether they were private-labeled from one of the many gunmaking guilds in the Eibar region of Spain.In any event, the Spanish side-by-sides are valued depending on the amount of metalwork and quality of wood. It is unfortunate that the Astra name would actually work AGAINST the gun, as most American shooters unfairly associate Astra with cheap guns.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com