In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AK -47 Adjustable rear sight?

jay bluejay blue Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know if an adjustable rear sight is on the market for the AK? Would appreciate a link.

Comments

• Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes!I have one on my SAR-1; I bought two about a year ago from Classic Arms (they have regular ads in Shotgun News, or try their site ).I have not seen it in their ad recently, but what you want is the RPK adjustable site (I think I paid about $7 for mine).For windage, you can adjust the front site too (the "clamp tools" are widely available), but too much adjustment upfront positions the site-post to close to the sight's ears--which personally annoys me, which is why I bought the adjustable rear sight.classic arms' site is: www.classicarms.org [This message has been edited by competentone (edited 09-24-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks "competentone". I clicked the link you provided and was able to get to classicarms.org and found it to be a site filled with bargains.There is something that happened that I don't underatand so I'll share it for everyone's info. When I clicked the link I got a bright red warning from my Norton anti-virus program that said a """nimba""" virus had been installed on my computer and asking if I wanted to fix my computer? I,of course, clicked "yes" and a few seconds later I got a green notice that the problem had been taken care of. Is it possible that someone is trying to sabotage the classicarms.org website?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just called Classic Arms @1-800-383-8011 and they are aware that the virus has been planted at their website and are in the process of fixing the problem. They no longer have the site in stock but think that "Tapco" might have them. Here's the exact virus name copied from my computer:((((((W 32.Nimba.A@mm(html))))))
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jay blue,Thanks for the virus warning--I hear that's a bad one! I love my Mac when I hear about all those PC people getting viruses (although that "nimba" is more like a worm and might be able to affect some Macs). It does sound like your Norton software was up-to-date and did it's job!And Tapco would be a good place to check for that sight.Joe[This message has been edited by competentone (edited 09-24-2001).]