In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

shipping magazines

darby27darby27 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
do you need to ship magazines to an FFl or can you ship them to anybody?

Comments

• darby27darby27 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    do you need to ship magazines to an FFl or can you ship them to anybody?
  • J.JohnJ.John Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can ship to anyone you want to.
  • smooth_operatorsmooth_operator Member Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    except to the republic of california or wherever high capacity magazines are banned. Shipping it legally, that is. Otherwise, youre on your own and I believe it is a felony if you get caught.good luck-Smooth
    Life is the leading cause of death.Everything else is just a contributing factor.
  • TRIGGERSGHOSTTRIGGERSGHOST Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Adult type magazines can only be shipped to persons over 18 years of age.Dead Horse Walking
    Remember everybody looks good 5 minutes before the bar closes.
  • BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    Not sure, but I think New Jersey may be another state you can not ship a hi-cap mag to.Boomer
    Protect our Constitutional Rights.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whose laws are being violated by shipping to a restricted state and is the sender liable or just the receiver ?
  • nmyers@home.comnmyers@home.com Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maryland is another state that prohibits the shipment of hi-cap magazines. The only easy way to know which state laws apply is to read ATF's book on state laws.As to violation of the law, that's a gray area that is probably unenforceable. The same situation applies to the collection of state sales tax for mail order sales into states that have such a tax. The constitution only allows one state's laws to apply to that state and it's residents; that law has no affect within other states. As long as possession of a hi-cap mag is legal within the US, little can be done to stop the interstate shipment of them.Neal
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's my understanding. I wonder why some shippers aid and abet those unreasonable laws.