In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

375 WBY loads

BOLTNUTBOLTNUT Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
need help, inherited pops 375, a rem 721 with 22" barrel, all my manuals seem to skip this caliber, plan on using Nosler 260 grain partitions. any data using imr4350, 3031 or 4064. please, season opens in 24 days, need time to load, experiment, practice and shoulder to heal Thanks

Comments

• Options
    drawndrawn Member Posts: 544
    edited November -1
    My Nosler #4 only shows 375 H&H Magnum, No Weatherby.
  • Options
    edharoldedharold Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe Weatherby discontinued the 375 in the 60s when they introduced the 378. It is in fact a 375 H&H improved (shoulder blown out). I think if you begin with the H&H loads and work up you'll be ok. Brass can be made by fire forming 375 H&H cases or expanding the neck on 8mm (or necking down 416) Rem Mag cases.For what ever it is worth, I read something recently to make me believe that Weatherby is considering reintroducting either the caliber or ammunnition, I don't remember where. Good luck!
  • Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    edharold is right on. .375 H&H Improved with the venturi shoulder. Great caliber, but old Roy decided it didnt have enough horsepower so the .378 and .460 were born.Had an older Weatherby on the Schultz & Larsen action in .375 Wby, wish I'd never sold it.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Options
    BOLTNUTBOLTNUT Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys, weatherby does offer it this year in the dangerous game version, hopefully this will bring it back. Guess I'll do it the hard way, bought the chrony, load shoot, load shoot, untill I find something it likes, this thing took me 7 years and a good goldwing to get it back where it belongs, can't give up now.