In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Info on H&R Topper

HK CoolHK Cool Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Yesterday I had stopped in a pawn shop a buddy of mine owns/operates and a young guy (23-25 yrs old) came in with a H&R Topper 20 ga 3" modified single shot shotgun needing a little gas money to get by till payday. The stock (birch) had been cut down about an inch and had no butt pad, it has some light surface rust on the barrel and a little spot of surface rust about the size of a dime at the rear of the receiver. The receiver has the case hardened finish to it and it has a plastic trigger guard and no warning on the barrel.Anyway, my friend wouldn't loan him any thing on it because of the cut-down stock, so the kid asked if he would be interested in buying it--and was told no. Then my friend asked me if I wanted it--I really didn't, but I felt sorry for the kid & I couldn't say no (I'm sure I wouldn't make a good Pawn Broker)--any idea what its worth and/or where I might get a new/used stock?

Comments

• Options
    leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most shops around here won't give more than $35-40 for a H&R. They are usually good guns though. Look in Gun Parts for a used stock. Or, go to the next gun show in your area, you may find some very cheap there.