In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Taurus - Spesco?

rballirballi Member Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I came acrosse an old Taurus 38 Special revolver. The number in the crane said 615 B. It kinda looks like an older S&W mod 10 M & P with the skinny barrel. This one has a 3" barrel and is nickel. The flutes in the cylinder have lines or ridges in them going fron to back. The gun does say Taurus, Brazil, and Spesco. Is Spesco an old importer of Taurus? There is an eagle or falcon with a circle around it on the frame as well as the logo in the wood grips. Anything special about this gun?

Comments

• Options
    lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes Spesco was one of the earlier importers of Taurus. Unfortunately there really isn't anything special about the gun you have. They were imported by Spesco before Taurus established a market in this country. The workmanship in that time period was not as good as what we've come to expect from Taurus in the last 15-20 years.
  • Options
    rballirballi Member Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks,I don't own it yet. It's in decent shape, but I think I'll pass. My original thoughts were that it is a $150 gun at max.Roy